IV and IM vitamin injections could help women manage the physiological changes brought about by the menopause. Defined as the permanent cessation of menstruation, the menopause essentially occurs at the time of the final menstrual period, followed by twelve months without menstruation. Prior to this, the menopausal transition or perimenopause begins with irregular menstrual cycles and lasts until the last menstrual period. This period is marked by fluctuations in reproductive hormones and is characterised by irregularities in menstruation, decreased fertility, vasomotor symptoms, and insomnia for up to four years before menstruation ceases in the post-menopause period.
Until now, HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) was the most common means of managing the ongoing side effects of the menopause. Additionally, IV and IM vitamin injections for menopause symptom relief are undertaken at various stages of the menopause by some women who are seeking therapeutic benefits.
Menopause problems and IV/IM therapies
The major consequences of menopause are related primarily to oestrogen deficiency and include:
- Vasomotor symptoms or hot flushes, which affect up to 75% of perimenopausal women. In most women, they last for 1 to 2 years after menopause but can continue for up to ten years in some cases. Hot flushes can interfere with a woman’s daily activities and also disrupt sleep. Many women also report emotional liability and difficulty concentrating during the menopausal transition.
The Multi-Mix IV contains a variety of antioxidants and could be a therapeutic option for women who experience hot flushes.
- The drop in oestrogen levels during perimenopause affects the vaginal tissue, which becomes thinner, drier, and less elastic. A lack of adequate lubrication results in symptoms such as irritation and itchiness. Sex can become uncomfortable and the vagina more prone to infection. In the later stages of menopause, vaginal dryness can lead to atrophy of the vaginal tissue. Sexual dysfunction involves a decreased level of sexual interest or a decreased desire to initiate sexual activity, as well as decreased arousal and a reduction in the ability to achieve sexual climax. This is often due to a number of factors, including psychological problems such as anxiety and depression, physical problems that make the sexual act an uncomfortable experience (vaginal dryness and/or atrophy), medication use and social factors (relationship problems).
- Osteoporosis leads to a plethora of musculoskeletal problems and symptoms characterised by fractures, minimal trauma, backache and/or decreased mobility and height. Menopausal women should be assessed for risk factors for osteoporosis and in high-risk cases have regular bone mineral density screening.
Vitamin D is well-known as an important vitamin for bone density and general bone health.
- While a woman is fertile and secretes optimum levels of oestrogen, her cardiovascular system is protected. At menopause, oestrogen levels decrease and this protection fades. This is when cardiovascular symptoms may arise. High blood pressure, irregular heartbeats and atherosclerosis may become problems that women are suddenly mindful of.
- Insomnia occurs in 40 to 50% of women during the menopausal transition. Women that suffer from insomnia often report problems such as stress, anxiety, depressive symptoms and tension.
B12 injections are an option for those who are looking to maximise their energy levels during the day, so as to ensure they sleep at regular hours.
- Women at menopause may experience sudden shifts in moods, or feel emotions at a more intense and higher pace. This can be accompanied by irritability, anxiety and depression.
Glutathione is antioxidant-rich and can be used as a supplement for better psychological health.
- Women approaching the menopause often complain of memory lapses, memory loss, and/or an inability to concentrate. Women are also at greater risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease than men. While these symptoms are often mild and usually consist of forgetting car keys or requiring extra time and effort to complete difficult tasks, they can be extremely distressing.
Our other procedures:
- Platelet Rich Plasma therapy uses growth factors, which can be helpful in regenerating the scalp and encouraging hair regrowth.
- Our Stemcellation, Myers Cocktail and vitamin B12 injections can make you feel better, and may also the incidence of migraines, headaches, fatigue and exhaustion.
- Our B Complex injection can be taken by those with joint pains. B vitamins protect cartilage against age-related degradation.
- PRP injections can be injected into local areas of inflammation.
- For dry and itchy skin, Baby Skin Mesotherapy injections can replenish water-deprived skin with pure hyaluronic acid, whereas vitamin C IV injections may diminish redness and scaling of the skin.
- Although the Weight Loss System is a combined vitamin IV therapy for diet and weight loss, these injections can be taken by those with bloating and sluggish digestion.
Vitamins taken by menopausal women seeking relief
HRT (oestrogen replacement therapy) as mentioned above is still the most popular option. Alongside this, a variety of IV and IM injections are available for women at all stages of their lives, including those experiencing menopause-related symptoms.
In addition to our vitamin injections, over-the-counter oral vitamin supplementation is available to those seeking menopause symptom relief:
– Vitamin A – vaginal lubrication, healthy skin;
– Vitamin B12 – infection resistance, adrenal gland functioning, energy, memory, blood pressure. Shop our Vitamin Skin Patches with B12 here;
– Vitamin C – immunity, body temperature regulation, collagen, sleep;
– Vitamin D – bone health, osteoporosis, cardiovascular health, gastrointestinal absorption, energy. Shop our Vitamin Skin Patches with vitamin D3 here;
– Vitamin E –body temperature regulation, psychological health, cardiovascular health, lubrication;
– Calcium – bone health (taken with vitamin D);
– Magnesium – essential for bone health, heart health, diabetes protection, energy;
– Zinc – skin health, immunity;
– Copper – bone health (taken with zinc);
– Coenzyme Q(10) – cardiovascular health, skin health, body temperature regulation, psychological health, memory.
Book an appointment and discuss your individual needs with our experienced practitioners by contacting us via our online form or calling us on +44 (0) 203 823 6551.