About the Antioxidant Combo Shot (IV)
Vitamin Injections London offers an excellent intravenous (IV) antioxidant preparation, the Antioxidant Combo Shot. This antioxidant shot combines vitamin C and alpha lipoic acid (ALA).
What is an antioxidant shot and how does it work?
The Antioxidant Combo Shot works wonders to repair the body's cells whilst providing you a health and energy boost. Antioxidants are very important chemicals that prevent cell damage caused by a process called oxidation. They effectively stop this chain reaction from being triggered.
An antioxidant shot containing vitamin C and ALA prevents damage to our skin and also protect our DNA. They work like a tag team and corroborate enzymes that are already present in our bodies.
Benefits of the Antioxidant Combo Shot
While Vitamin C is itself a powerful antioxidant and is necessary for helping the body produce collagen, it also has other health benefits:
- Vitamin C is essential for healthy skin
- It increases defence to UV rays
- It's helpful in preventing fine lines and wrinkles
Alpha lipoid acid (ALA) carries out some very beneficial functions too:
- It is responsible for energy protection
- It helps boost immunity
- It supports the body's functions
- It keeps body weight in check and is used to assist weight loss
Advantages of the Vitamin C & ALA IV antioxidant shot
The Antioxidant IV injection at Vitamin Injections London is rich in antioxidants and offers various benefits over oral supplements such as:
- ALA is highly absorbed when delivered via IV, in comparison to the 15% the body receives when taken orally.
- It is also much safer than oral supplements. Since the IV injection has very low toxicity levels there is no significant fear of damaging vital organs as long as prescribed dose is administered.
- Moreover, since IV supplements directly enter the bloodstream, not only are they absorbed better, they are better for individuals with sensitive stomachs. Oral supplements on the other hand can irritate the stomach lining.
- This IV supplement is excreted easily.
What to expect
Vitamin Injections London is headed by skilled IV/IM Medical Aesthetician and Skin Specialist Bianca Estelle. Our experienced IV/IM practitioners will conduct a full review of your medical history and advise you regarding your suitability for the Antioxidant Combo Shot.