For gym bunnies, bodybuilders and sports fanatics, we offer a variety of hydrating IM & IV injections here at Vitamin Injections London, which include the Myers Cocktail, L-Carnitine Infusion, B Vitamin therapies and Co-Enzyme Q10 injections.
Keeping in shape is serious business. Aside from putting in long training hours, a rigorous fitness schedule requires a strict adherence to nutritionally rich foods. Increasing the intake of crucial vitamins, nutrients, enzymes and minerals through diet has routinely been shown to have a direct and positive impact on athletes’ physical performance levels, which in turn, makes nutritional supplementation an obvious next step for dedicated fitness enthusiasts.
Introducing our unique IM & IV hydration therapy menu
Sports and fitness enthusiasts tend to rely upon oral tablets, liquids and powders to bolster their energy levels and resilience. To this end, an innumerable variety of supplement products have been developed, yet many of these have been proven to be ineffective and occasionally damaging. Very few of them address one of the biggest root causes of fatigue and muscle strain: dehydration, for which the most effective antidote is IM & IV hydration therapy injections.
IM & IV hydration therapy menu
Replenish your body from the inside out with our range of IM & IV hydration therapy ingredients, which have been specially selected by our practitioners.
- For hydration, we recommend the The Myers Cocktail Injection (IV) containing magnesium, which better enables the kidneys to maintain their electrolyte content and prevent dehydration. Myers Cocktails also contain calcium, which prevents the development of kidney stones caused by dehydration.
- Additionally, we recommend our L-Carnitine Infusion (IV), a natural amino acid that is essential for hydration. It is known for being hygroscopic, which means that it can draw up and retain water in the body’s cells.
Other recommended sports and fitness injections include:
- B vitamin injections, including our Vitamin B12 Energy Shot (IM), the Pick Me Up B12 Shot with Folic Acid and Vitamin C (IV) and our Vitamin B Complex Forte Shot (IV). B and C vitamins are essential for stamina and energy;
- CoQ10 Shot (IV), which protects your heart’s health and supplements energy-producing cell components in our bodies;
- Amino acids are integral to post-exercise recovery, as the body doesn’t produce enough of these after strenuous workouts. To this end, our Glutathione Wellness Injection (IV) contains three amino acids, which decrease muscle damage, reduce post-workout recovery times and initiate a metabolic shift towards muscle tissue development and regeneration.
For optimal results, we recommend undertaking one IM or IV hydration therapy injection approximately one hour in advance and/or soon after any planned exercise session. You can combine your chosen injection with our other health and wellness-related therapies including those designed to burn fat. Visit our full menu to find out more.
At Vitamin Injections London, we offer health and wellness injections that are geared towards expediting fat burning and improving stamina. Fitness enthusiasts of all shapes and sizes risk burn out and injury on a regular basis, yet when the subject of IM & IV hydration therapy is raised as a possible solution to these problems, this suggestion is sometimes met with a look of confusion. Indeed, on the surface of things, hydrating the body can be accomplished more economically with a few bottles of water. So, in this article, we’ll explore our IV/IM specialists’ reasoning behind the importance of nutritional IM & IV hydration therapy, and disclose the reasons why upping your fluid intake may not be enough to counter certain exercise-related side effects.
Why is IM & IV hydration therapy so important?
Common methods of vitamin supplementation for high-powered training and workout regimes increase the body’s ability to exert pressure on vital organs and muscles. In order to properly support this process, hydration is needed to avert any negative physical side effects; including muscle tearing and toxic acid build up.
Therefore, re-hydrating the body with nutrient-based IM & IV hydration therapies should be at the core of any serious fitness programme. For many years, professional athletes have used salt-water IV drips to hasten their recovery after competitions. More recently, however, the trend has shifted towards pre-emptive IM & IV hydration strategies, and as a result, many sports medicine professionals and IV/IM practitioners support the idea that rehydration IM injections & IV drips are beneficial both before and after intensive exercise sessions.
There are several key reasons as to why this is. Firstly, hydrating the body in a more concentrated manner is crucial in the recovery of severely overworked muscles. Dehydration hampers the body’s ability to repair damaged muscle tissue, which is part and parcel of a high-powered fitness regime. In order to resume physically demanding activities as soon as possible, it’s often necessary to embark upon an intensive recovery programme with IM & IV hydration therapy.
The loss of water and electrolytes from the body occur naturally during exercise, although too much can lead to further muscle cramping and dehydration. Performance is affected when even a relatively small percentage of the body’s overall water weight is lost via sweat. Moreover, exercising in summer or hot climates runs the risk of heat-related illnesses and heat stroke. Therefore, fitness enthusiasts should be mindful of the body’s fluid retention and the need to minimise losses via IM & IV hydration therapy.
However, it’s not always easy to consume water, caffeine-infused liquids or electrolyte-based energy drinks either during or after a difficult workout. This is due to the fact that, in times of extreme physical exertion, a reduction in the flow of blood to the stomach occurs. This makes it difficult for fitness enthusiasts to “hold down” fluids without feeling nauseous and can cause bloating. IM & IV hydration therapy has thus proven useful, as it improves the quality of each individual workout by preventing incidences of the above as well as increasing tolerance to fluids consumed during exercise.
When the body is dehydrated, its ability to assimilate vital antioxidants and nutrients into our muscles’ connecting nerves and cells decreases sharply. If other supplements, IV or IM courses are being undertaken at the same time, it is fair to assume that the full benefits of these will not be realised if the body is in a state of chronic dehydration due to over-exercise. Therefore, an IM & IV hydration programme can maximise the results of any concurrent IM & IV nutrient therapies that are undertaken at the same time.
A more general reason as to why intravenous and intramuscular IM & IV hydration is so important for sports and fitness enthusiasts is the limited absorption of nutrients via dietary and oral means. In bypassing the gastrointestinal tract, many times more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are carried into the bloodstream.
Symptoms of exercise-related dehydration
- Intense levels of thirst due to water loss via skin sweating;
- Intense episodes of nausea and appetite loss;
- Extreme fatigue as a result of low fluid intake and retention;
- Muscle pain and cramps due to dehydrated nerves;
- Dizziness and loss of balance;
- Overstrained cardiovascular system;
- Mood disorders, including depression, which acts to impair physical motivation.
IM & IV hydration ingredients: the benefits
- Preclude excessive water loss during exercise;
- Make it easier to consume liquids during exercise sessions;
- Boost energy, stamina and shortens recovery downtime;
- Prevent muscle cramps and facilitates recovery from tearing;
- Negate the damaging effects of free radical inflammation as a result of over-exercise;
- Make other vitamins, nutrients and minerals in the body work more effectively;
- Mood disorders, including depression, which act to impair physical motivation, are alleviated.
What to expect
Vitamin Injections London’s specialist IV/IM practitioners can help you take the necessary steps towards combatting dehydration with IM & intravenous vitamin IV hydration treatments. In order to fully benefit from IM & IV hydration treatment therapies, it is recommended that a combination course of injections is undertaken. Please visit our prices page to find out more.
If you feel that our IV rehydration therapies may be of benefit to you, contact our experienced practitioners today on +44 (0) 203 823 6551 or use our online form to book a consultation with our specialist IV/IM practitioners.
Vitamin Injections London is headed by skilled IV/IM Medical Aesthetician and Skin Specialist Bianca Estelle. Our experienced IV/IM practitioners will conduct a full review of your medical history and advise you regarding your suitability for IV & IM hydration shots in London's Marylebone and Beckenham, Kent.