About Antioxidant Shot (IV)
Vitamin Injections London offers an excellent antioxidant preparation, delivered intravenously. Rich in Vitamin C and Alpha Lipoic Acid, it works wonders to repair body cells while providing you a refreshing boost.
What are Antioxidants and how do they work?
Antioxidants are very important chemicals that prevent cell damage caused by a process called oxidation. By stopping this chain reaction from being triggered antioxidants like Vitamin C, Vitamin E and glutathione which stop cells from ageing and dying out.
Essentially, antioxidants prevent such damage and protect our DNA, proteins and fats by working like a tag team with enzymes already present in our body.
Benefits of the Antioxidant preparation
While Vitamin C is itself a powerful antioxidant and is necessary for helping the body produce collagen, it also has other health benefits:
- Vitamin C is essential for healthy skin
- It helps keep the heart in good shape to pump blood
- It is essential for good eyesight
- It is helpful in preventing fine lines and wrinkles
ALA (Alpha Lipoid Acid) carries out some very beneficial functions for our body:
- ALA is responsible for energy protection
- It lowers blood sugar levels to keep diabetes in check
- It helps boost immunity and is used in HIV and related treatments
- It supports the nervous system functionality
- It keeps body weight in check and is used for weight loss
Advantages offered by Vit C & ALA IV over other modes of administration:
The Antioxidant IV injection at Vitamin Injections London is rich in antioxidants and offers various benefits over oral supplements such as:
- ALA is highly absorbed when delivered via IV, in comparison to the 15% the body receives when taken orally, due to the breakdown of the supplement by the body’s digestive process
- It is also much safer than oral supplements. Since the IV injection has very low toxicity levels there is no significant fear of damaging vital organs as long as prescribed dose is administered
- Moreover, since IV supplements directly enter the bloodstream, not only are they absorbed better, they also prevent damage to the digestive system. Oral supplements on the other hand can irritate the digestive system and often cause ulcers, diarrhea and constipation
- This IV supplement is excreted easily and does not strain the kidneys or liver
What to expect
Vitamin Injections London is headed by skilled IV/IM Medical Aesthetician and Skin Specialist Bianca Estelle. Our experienced IV/IM practitioners will conduct a full review of your medical history and advise you regarding your suitability for Antioxidant injections.